<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 11, 2003

LIFE IN GENERAL

So I haven't been blogging much lately, and I feel like shit for it. I want to document my life as it unfolds before me. I want to have something to come back to a year or five from now. Some words of reflection to mark my time on this earth. Something with which to comemmorate the milestones of my life.

It hasn't entirely been my fault. My computer has been down and out of whack, and susceptible to the various problems computers are known to have. So far, (greatfully) the greatest inconvenience has been my inability to check email.

To keep myself occupied I have been doing three things. One, spending time in front of the boob tube watching the final painful episodes of various reality shows. These include "The Average Joe" and the ever-pitiful "Joe Millionaire." Last night I tried to watch "Trista and Ryan: The Wedding" but gave up after almost tossing my cookies at all the pink. It's really mind numbing, it really is. I should probably also add here that I'm quite disappointed that Malena from "The Average Joe" did everything but pick an average Joe. Fox network has a lot of nerve, changing the whole goal and purpose of the show. We all know who deserved to be the last man standing.

The second thing I have been doing is playing A LOT of guitar. It would seem that I am falling in love with my guitar as if it possessed the faculties and fringe benefits of a red-blooded male. I love that thing, and will strum it to its dying day. I purchased a new capo the other day and am living on cloud nine. I just learned "Peace and Love" by Blessed Union of Souls, and I'm sure I'm driving the neighborhood batty singing it every night at the top of my lungs. I have also ventured into a little song writing. I have always had a propensity to write music but I am finally taking it seriously because I can accompany myself. Last year, I told my blogger father, Todd, that I planned to play at open mic night at the cofee house down the street in the span of a year. I could be closer to that goal than I had imagined. I have two songs I am working on and I am most satisfied with how they are taking shape and molding into an actual polished song. I love the feeling of flowing, creative juices.

The third thing I have been doing is trying very hard not to spend time thinking about the new guy I'm seeing. People, he makes me drool like you wouldn't believe. We spent Sunday night decorating his tree at the house and putting up other Christmas decorations. He made dinner, and we sang along to various CDs, chit chatted about this, that, and the other, and kissed until I had my fill. He is a fabulous kisser. Everytime we kiss I feel like I'm in a movie- you know that very lucky girl who is unlucky throughout much of the film but finally gets her man in the end. Sort of like the girl in "Sense and Sensibility" played by Emma Thompson. He is handsome and tall and plays the drums for a band (do I go for the musicians or what?). He owns a business, he is into the things I like and most importantly- he makes me feel like I am a queen. Still, I don't want to get excited about it. I want to go so slowly. Soooo slowly. And so does he- so that's good. 5 dates and counting.

I have only 6 more school days of school left and then I'm going to walk out of my classroom and not look back. (Well, not for at least 2 weeks) I will be off to Missouri, and not sure when or how I will blog, but I will have to try.

Comments: Post a Comment