<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

LAZY, WITH NO APOLOGIES

Well, I have not been to work in two days. That's right. I left over 100 kids at school, in the hands of a substitute teacher, to fend for themselves. Ask me if I care? I do not. I didn't even give very good lesson plans. I don't care. Tomorrow, I am returning to work. Thank God it's an abbreviated schedule- each class will be cut in half by 5 or 10 minutes (I can't remember) to accomodate an all school assembly in the middle of the day.

I should probably go and call the substitue teacher coordinator- so she can know that I'm not going to be staying home tomorrow. This is a phone call I dont' want to make, as I can't really explain where I have been the last two days. I haven't been sick, and there is nothing pressing that keeps me at home.

Wait...there is that one thing where I don't want to deal with over 100 kids and their nasty parents every day. Oh wait...there's also all the grading I can never seem to catch up with....and oh...there is also the long hours I put in that are way past my contracted hours. I'm beginning to wonder if I should find another job maybe?

But what will I do? And could I really stand not to teach in front of a throbbing, palpitating classroom with students who- despite the kind of bad day I'm having- make me laugh from time to time, and sometimes demonstrate a thirst for learning?
Something to think about, I guess.

Comments: Post a Comment