<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

CHRISTMAS

I dropped S off at the airport yesterday, and began my annual shop-at-the-last-minute excursion. Ah, the beauty of tradition. Bravely, I fought my way through the milling crowds; calculatingly, I stuck to my budget for each of my loved ones- and it was rewarding. I still have adequate "free" money for my trip to Missouri- I must have planned well.

The last week of school was anticlimatic, but interesting. Many students showed their appreciation by the way of small gifts. I received the regular prodigious amount of cookies, fudge, and chocolate. I also got some other interesting gifts such as gift certificates to some fun restaurants, some lotion and bath stuff, candles, and journals. I gave them all neatly printed homework passes on Christmas card stock, with a candy cane attached. They were quite grateful, and the spirit of Christmas served its purpose. On Friday, I sat at my desk, calculating exam scores and answering voice mail after all the students left. School was empty- and for one brief moment I panicked that some of my students wouldn't come back due to deathly illnesses or tragic accidents. I know it's impossible, but I worry that I didn't say goodbye to all of them, and that I may never see some of them again. What an odd feeling.

Tomorrow I leave for Missouri. I am not particularly looking forward to it because of the snow, but I'm glad to have plans either way. I'm just worried that my friend and I might get on one another's nerves. I will be gone for 9 days, in someone else's home, with someone else's family and friends. I'll be out of my comfort zone a bit but I'm sure it will be okay. I hope to have something to report upon my return.

To all who visit my blog regularly- friends and strangers alike- I wish you the very merriest of Christmases. If I don't havea moment to blog before New Year's I hope you enjoy your day immensely. Best of luck to you in 2004!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment