<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

MY SOCIAL LIFE

So Mr. S (my man) got us tickets to see both Prince and Kid Rock. We also have a jazz concert coming up and in April, I will see the musical "Hairspray" with my friend Shannon. I will be sure to blog all about it as the events happen.

Currently, my biggest dilemma is- what does one wear to a Prince concert? Lately, the entire city has been going crazy with miniskirt mania, and that has made me wonder if I should go shopping for one. I hate the fact that every girl who thinks she's trendy has to wear a trendy mini. Everyone wants to be so different but we're just all the same- wearing the same clothes, same hair styles, same shoes, same jewelry. It gets old sometimes. Could I even pull off a miniskirt? They are sooo short!! I don't remember them ever being that short before. And when did I become so worried about wearing short skirts? Am I getting old? or am I getting more practical??

I want to look sexy for this Prince concert, but I want to look sophisticated sexy. Everyone usually says I'm a very good dresser- the consensus is that I dress casual chic/ sleek- something like that. Think "Express" or "Lerners", I guess. But all the clothes I own are really for work. I don't want to wear chic work clothes to a Prince concert. I have to wear something that will "wow" Mr. S. Why do I feel the pressure to look sexy for him when I already know he likes the way I currently dress and look?

I think I just want him to be proud of me. I think I would like him to walk beside me and feel like he picked a pretty/sexy/fashionable girl.

So if I find a sexy outfit to wear to the Prince concert, should I wear the same to the Kid Rock concert or find another outfit?

My problems today seem so insignificant when I see them through the reader's eyes. But through mine, they are of the utmost importance. Sigh. Guess I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment