<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

PRINCE AND PURPLE RAIN

Well, tonight is the Prince concert and I can't wait. I have finally decided what to wear. I went to Express a few days ago and purchased a pair of white capris. They have ribbons that tie on the bottom hem of each pant leg, and pockets every which way. Kind of like a retro parachute pants thing but not quite as out of date. I will wear a black tank top-like blouse and a headband that has that trendy (my students tell me) Burberry print to it. Hoop earrings. Black heels. Sexy Casual, I think.

Of course, in between rushing to get home from work and getting dressed, I must do a few loads of laundry, curl my hair, take a power nap, start writing a grammar test that I promised the kids on Friday ( I love how I assign it before I have even written it. That's gutsy!), and clean up the house a little. I can tell you right now the only thing I will probably accomplish is curling my hair. Wishful thinking is so satisfying.

It's now lunch time and I"m waiting for a little 9th grade girl to come in for "help." We have a grammar test coming up, and her idea of getting "help" from the teacher translates as: (read in a whiny voice for full effect)

"I don't get verbs, and opening the grammar book to study them for myself seems far beyond my comprehension and abilities. I much prefer you reteach the entire chapter to me personally even though we have spent the entire month studyng them. If you do this, I will not only come to your help session late (so that you miss every second of your lunch period waiting for me) but I will also completely zone you out so that I can sit in the cool shade of your classroom (not in the ramada with other students), and save my energy thinking about that gorgeous piece of man-candy-on-a-stick in the 10th grade who absolutely adores me."

Teaching is so satisfying.

Comments: Post a Comment