<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

KID ROCK

This friday Mr. S and I will be going to see Kid Rock in concert. I am most definitely excited. I have never thought much of Kid Rock, but after Mr. S played me a sample of his most recent CD, I found him not only palatable (Kid Rock, not Mr. S), I also found him entertaining!

Once again I am faced with the difficulty of finding something to wear. I am not sure what one wears to a Kid Rock concert. I would wear what I wore to the Prince concert but I find it unbecoming to be seen in the same outfit twice in short intervals. Sigh. I used to have so many "party" clothes. But of course, that was when I was in grad. school, and I didn't have over 100 papers to grade every weekend.

Sigh... and weren't those the days? Party til 3 in the morning, after hours at someone's house or at IHOP or Denny's because we have the munchies. I remember dancing until I couldn't stand, downing gin and juice, tequila shots, Long Islands, and occasionally-when I felt brave- some Jaegermeister. I used to love the thrill of going dancing to watch people- the thrill of people watching me doing my "thang" on the dance floor. Am I getting too old?

The last time I went "out dancing some guy put his grubby paws on my ass (while I was dancing with my man, of all things! The nerve!), and another guy managed to rub his chest all over mine- this, apparently, was his way of inviting me to dance (how didn't I figure that out?) while Mr. S had gone to visit the facillities. Mr S.- to say the least- did not appreciate this. It was so odd to see him get defensive and threaten to beat them up (by the way- he WOULD beat them up and get his dragged off to jail...I do not doubt it. He is not afraid of such confrontations when he feels they are justified). After I persuaded him to ignore them and we sat down to nurse a beer or two, I reflected upon how nice it was to not only have someone to take dancing (finally- usually guys I date are against it), and also how nice it was to have someone rise to my defense. So many guys these days confuse touching, grabbing, pawing, groping, and in some cases fingering with flirting. How they do this, I don't know- but it's true.

Yes, it's good to be dating this man. It's good to be in a secure "thing."

More later, I have to get ready for my next class coming in.

Comments: Post a Comment